The Tech Hubs plan is an economic advancement initiative to travel technology- and innovation-centric expansion that leverages existing R&D strengths and engineering demonstration and deployment capacities (public and non-public) inside a location to catalyze the generation of fantastic positions for American personnel at all ability levels equitably and inclusively.
The Tech Hubs program was enacted as aspect of the CHIPS and Science Act of 2022 (as the Regional Technology and Innovation Hubs plan), and Congress appropriated EDA $500 million for it as portion of the FY 2023 Omnibus Appropriations Monthly bill.
This new authority allows EDA to:
- designate Tech Hubs,
- award funding for Tech Hubs tactic improvement (i.e., planning and capability making), and
- award funding for Tech Hubs technique implementation (i.e., projects),
matter to constraints and targets outlined in element in the whole textual content of the statute.
EDA Seeks Enter for Tech Hubs Method
On February 14, 2023, EDA issued a Tech Hubs Request for Information and facts (RFI) in the Federal Register to solicit general public input about the program design, structure, and analysis of the Tech Hubs system.
Through this RFI, EDA seeks enter in quite a few regions, which includes but not restricted to data on:
- structuring a Tech Hubs application that will accelerate areas evolution into a global chief in an marketplace of the future that strengthens the area and U.S. financial and countrywide security
- determining metrics for assessment of prosperous Tech Hubs
- coming up with a competitive, inclusive and available choice procedure for Tech Hub designations that would both of those aid significant technology and innovation sectors, as nicely as geographic range and
- pinpointing how federal designations and federal grants can be structured to improve the wanted impacts of the Tech Hubs application.
Although this RFI specially seeks input on these and other matters, EDA welcomes all responses that stakeholders believe that will help the growth of a strong Tech Hubs system.
Responses are because of by 5 p.m. Japanese Time on March 16, 2023. Responses may possibly be directly submitted by using e mail to [email protected] with “Tech Hubs RFI” in the matter line. Entire facts on responding can be located in the Federal Sign-up.
Push Release: U.S. Office of Commerce Seeks Public Input on New Tech Hubs System
Simple fact Sheet: Tech Hubs (PDF)
FAQ: Tech Hubs and Recompete Pilot Programs